Sunday, July 02, 2006

One poem a week. Thats the plan, so let us begin. with this. Written last night well I was holding Owen in my arms. It's kind of hard to write with a one month old baby kicking your arm. But my ink is still legable on the page. Once it's on here anyone can read it clearly.

Memories

Memories and Metaphores
Created side by side

Sitting up at night
Holding on to the sun
My Sons mirror eyes
Staring back at me
What does he see

Spilled Champaign apon the floor
Did not ruin Romance
Relax and let the bubbles blossem and Burst
Quench a different thirst

Riding river valley sheltered singletrack
Popler fluff creates
solid mist on the shoulders of the trail
Wild Rubbarb stretches for the suns rays
Each giant leaf Faithfully grasps
The drops of day the trees let through

If only I could bring you with me
If you could see how blessed we be
creating beautiful memories and metaphores.

No comments: