Monday, July 10, 2006

meditations on mountain biking

I think I might create a religion
something to keep my soul fresh, clean and close to the earth.
Don't think I'm looking for a stool pigion
for the problems of my planet of birth.

Call it the church of the valley, or maybe singletrack for the soul
the path can be kind of narrow, but it travels all over my world
It has lot's of dirt to keep you grounded
Trees keep you going the right way.
the sun and the moon, the mighty river that divides
find a bridge and get to see the other side.

Don't think I need a prophet, I'm not in it for the cash
Plenty of wise people to learn from so think of them like gears,
Shift up, shift down there's a reason why there words are kept around
click it down into budda, or Dala lama to climb a mighty hill
then switch into Jesus to get you past that killer Thrill.
When your not riding, read good books
Because there's more then one, thats worth taking a look

now on a slightly serious side, remember to enjoy the ride
get out, and get down away from concrete city sound
fill your lungs with clean green air, that's why plant are there.
make sure you stop and look at the view,
wild roses, fresh green leaves, a mist of popler fluff on the side of the road
the way the rocks shine, roots grow and how the river flows.

Think I'll Jump on my bike and go for a ride
If you wanna come with me it'll be a good time
The rest of the crew include some great friends of mine
The creator above, mother earth and father sky,
the chariot Sun, mother moon, the green man, raven and nature my guide.

Some times I'll pay my respects when I'm getting on my way
Smudge some sweetgrass, copel and a little sage
Watch the smoke drift into the sky at the end of the day

No comments: