Monday, August 14, 2006

inspiration in blue bloom

Picked a flower from a patch of blue
I belive it was a pack of pansys all in bloom
planted in a planter the unnatural way
every flower all the same.

picked it and caried it as I went on my way
just that one flower brought a smile to my day
I wonder what it would look like to a honey bee
for in ultraviolet I cannot see

I brought it with me and then squashed it flat
between the pages of a note book I have
now that bee can never see
blue vains navy bloom, baby blue petals and a dark heart.
but I can show this beauty for the world to see
in words or in pictures time will show me.

------------------------------
the art of pressing a flower is kind of like capturing a thought a feeling or a moment in poetry. you get something but it is never a true representationof the origenal.

if you like poetry there's a festival coming up so support your poets and see them live.
for more info go to Edmontonpoetryfestival.com


-------------------------------------------
I added the side pictures after the fact, origenaly there only was one flower, however I pressed it wrong and it ripped. so I pressed these four, to show you.

1 comment:

Sarah Estrin said...

Hey there.

I was going through my blog and saw your comment from a while ago that I had ultimatley forgotten about. I had checked out your page before but forgot to comment.

So here I am.

I just wanted to say that you have an amazing talent for poetry.

I can't think of anything else to say, but that. Anyways.

Take Care and keep writing.